ADMISSIONS TO GLENFIELD
You may be applying for a school space at Glenfield for one of two reasons;
Your child already attends another school and you would like to move them to Glenfield.
You can apply for a school space online at www.southampton.gov.uk. Your application is then processed by the School Admission Officer, Mrs Glenton, and she will write to you with a decision about your child's application; this will either be a letter of offer or a letter to advise you that we are not able to provide a school space for your child at the moment.
Your child is due to start school next September as part of Year R.
Applying for a school space for children due to start school in September must be done via the Southampton City Council website, applications are open between September-mid January of THE YEAR BEFORE your child starts school. Applications are only online via http://www.southampton.gov.uk/schools-learning/find-school/apply-school/default.aspx.
PRIMARY SCHOOL PLACES, YEAR R AND YEAR 3 APPEALS TIMETABLE 2021/22
Primary school places – Year R and Year 3, September 2021
Appeals will be considered in accordance with the School Admission Appeals Code 2012
and the Coronavirus Amendment Regulations 2020, which are available to view at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-admissions-appeals-code
- School place offers will be sent on 16 April 2021
- Appeals must be lodged by 14 May 2021
- Appeals lodged on time will be determined as soon as is reasonably practical under the Coronavirus Amendment Regulations 2020
- Appeals lodged after 14 May 2021, that cannot be added to a scheduled hearing, will be determined at a later date
- You will receive at least 14 days’ notice of your appeal hearing date
- You are able to waive this right if you are late in making your appeal and wish to have your appeal determined at a hearing that is already scheduled
- Case papers will be dispatched to you within a reasonable time period before the hearing date.
- Once you have received notification of your hearing date, any additional evidence you wish to submit should be sent via email to the Democratic Services Inbox firstname.lastname@example.org in accordance with the date detailed in the notification.
- Additional evidence may be submitted up to and including the day of the hearing
- The panel will take its significance into account and whether there is a need to adjourn the hearing to allow all parties time to consider it.
- Following the appeal hearing decision, where possible, letters will be sent seven day’s following the hearing's conclusion.