ADMISSIONS TO GLENFIELD
You may be applying for a school space at Glenfield for one of two reasons;
Your child already attends another school and you would like to move them to Glenfield.
You can apply for a school space online at www.southampton.gov.uk. Your application is then processed by the School Admission Officer, Mrs Glenton, and she will write to you with a decision about your child's application; this will either be a letter of offer or a letter to advise you that we are not able to provide a school space for your child at the moment.
Your child is due to start school next September as part of Year R.
Applying for a school space for children due to start school in September must be done via the Southampton City Council website, applications are open between September-mid January of THE YEAR BEFORE your child starts school. Applications are only online via http://www.southampton.gov.uk/schools-learning/find-school/apply-school/default.aspx.
PRIMARY SCHOOL PLACES, YEAR R AND YEAR 3 APPEALS TIMETABLE 2021/22
Primary school places – Year R and Year 3, September 2021
Appeals will be considered in accordance with the School Admission Appeals Code 2012
and the Coronavirus Amendment Regulations 2020, which are available to view at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-admissions-appeals-code
- School place offers will be sent on 16 April 2021
- Appeals must be lodged by 14 May 2021
- Appeals lodged on time will be determined as soon as is reasonably practical under the Coronavirus Amendment Regulations 2020
- Appeals lodged after 14 May 2021, that cannot be added to a scheduled hearing, will be determined at a later date
- You will receive at least 14 days’ notice of your appeal hearing date
- You are able to waive this right if you are late in making your appeal and wish to have your appeal determined at a hearing that is already scheduled
- Case papers will be dispatched to you within a reasonable time period before the hearing date.
- Once you have received notification of your hearing date, any additional evidence you wish to submit should be sent via email to the Democratic Services Inbox firstname.lastname@example.org in accordance with the date detailed in the notification.
- Additional evidence may be submitted up to and including the day of the hearing
- The panel will take its significance into account and whether there is a need to adjourn the hearing to allow all parties time to consider it.
- Following the appeal hearing decision, where possible, letters will be sent seven day’s following the hearing's conclusion.
** Hamwic Infant Admissions Policy 2023:
Hamwic Education Trust are now consulting on the admissions policy for Glenfield Infant School. The consultation closes on 31st January 2022. If you would like to comment on the proposed policy, please email your comments to the Trust's Admissions Consultant, Mrs Jo Glenton at the following email address: email@example.com