ADMISSIONS TO GLENFIELD
You may be applying for a school space at Glenfield for one of two reasons;
Your child already attends another school and you would like to move them to Glenfield.
You can apply for a school space by contacting the school and requesting an In-Year Admission form which you should complete and return to Glenfield. Once we have received the form it will be processed by the School Admission Officer, Mrs Glenton, and she will write to you with a decision about your child's application; this will either be a letter of offer or a letter to advise you that we are not able to provide a school space for your child at the moment.
Your child is due to start school next September as part of Year R.
Applying for a school space for children due to start school in September must be done via the Southampton City Council website, applications are open between September-mid January of THE YEAR BEFORE your child starts school. Applications are only online via http://www.southampton.gov.uk/schools-learning/find-school/apply-school/default.aspx.
PRIMARY SCHOOL PLACES, YEAR R AND YEAR 3 APPEALS TIMETABLE 2019
Primary school places – Year R and Year 3, September 2019
- School place offers will be sent on 16 April 2019
- Appeals must be lodged by 24 May 2019
- Appeals lodged on time will be heard in June/July and no later than 19 July 2019
- Infant and junior appeals lodged after 24 May 2019, that cannot be added to a scheduled hearing may not be heard before 19 July 2019.
- This may mean that they will not be heard until the start of the new school term in September 2019.
- You will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of your appeal hearing date
- You are able to waive this right if you are late in making your appeal and wish to have your appeal heard at a hearing that is already scheduled
- Case papers will be dispatched to you within a reasonable time period before the hearing date.
- Once you have received notification of your hearing date, any additional evidence you wish to submit should be sent to Democratic Services, 1st Floor, Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LY, in accordance with the date detailed in the notification.
- Additional evidence may be submitted up to and including the day of the hearing
- The panel will take its significance into account and whether there is a need to adjourn the hearing to allow all parties time to consider it.
- Following the appeal hearing decision, where possible, letters will be sent five school day’s following the hearing's conclusion.