EYFS Teaching Assistant
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS BELOW:
ROLE: EYFS Teaching Assistant
SCHOOL: Glenfield Infant School
HOURS: 8.50am-3.15pm Monday to Friday, term-time only.
SALARY: Grade 6 between £22368.00 and £24491.00 FTE (pro-rata for part-time) depending on experience
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 7th July 2021
INTERVIEWS: During week commencing 12th July 2021
START DATE: 1st September 2021
Glenfield Infant School is looking to appoint a vibrant and skilled teaching assistant to work in our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) with our 4 and 5 year old, Year R children. Experience of EYFS is essential, with good knowledge of child development. We are looking for candidates who are nurturing and have the ability to work will within a team
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate
* an excellent understanding and experience of working in EYFS
* GCSE grade C in English and Maths
* Ability to maintain children’s interest and motivation for learning and to maintain discipline
* Ability to work well as a member of a team
* Awareness of needs/demands of young children with complex needs and how they act/react
* flexibility in approaching tasks
* positivity and a 'can do ' attitude
* resilience in dealing with challenging situations
We highly recommend, and welcome, visits to our school.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- In-house Teaching School
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- A tax efficient childcare scheme through salary sacrifice
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth payroll
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Should you wish to apply for one of these vacancies, an application pack can be obtained via our website www.glenfieldschool.co.uk , via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by phoning the School Office on 02380 227966 or in person from the School Office.
THE EDWIN JONES PARTNERSHIP
The Edwin Jones Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Trust. At the Hamwic Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.