MID-DAY SUPERVIORY ASSISTANT
HOURS: 6.25 hours per week working from 11.55am to 1.10pm, Monday to Friday, term time only
SALARY: Grade 3 between £21029.00 FTE and £21189.00 FTE, pro-rata for part-time staff. Actual approx. £3053.00 per year.
CLOSING DATE: 15th December 2023
START DATE: As soon as possible
HET is a large, fast-paced Trust with currently 35 academies across the South Coast. Linked to 6 community-based partnerships, there are 32 primary academies, 2 secondary and 1 hospital school.
‘All about the Child’ At HET, we aim to put the child at the centre of everything we do. We believe that by doing this, it drives our ethos and values to do the best we can for our children.
‘What about Sam’ Sam is the name we have given to the notional Hamwic child. By asking ourselves ‘What about Sam?’ we ensure that we put our pupils at the heart of our decision making.
Would you like to make a difference to the learning outcomes of children at our fully inclusive school? Glenfield is a good school set in beautiful woodland grounds. We pride ourselves on having very dedicated staff who work hard to ensure every child has the best education possible which was recognised by Ofsted in October 2021. We are working together to become outstanding and would like a Midday Supervisory Assistant to join our friendly, reliable, caring person to join our supportive team, supervising our children at lunchtimes.
Key duties will include:
Supervising children while they are eating and ensuring the dining areas are left clean and tidy. Encourage sensible and polite behaviour from all children. Ensure children are safe and supervised at lunchtime in all areas of school. Encourage enjoyable, co-operative play between children, promoting caring and sharing in the playground and classrooms. Administer basic first aid.
WE ARE SEEKING A PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO:
- Has previous experience of interacting with children (whether as a parent/carer or through employment)
- Has basic health and safety knowledge to ensure children’s safety at mealtimes and playtimes
- Has the ability to work well as a member of a team
- Has good communication skills to interact effectively with children
- Can use your own initiative
- Has a reasonable level of physical fitness
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- In-house Teaching School
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment (where all conditions are met)
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Vivup
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please view the job description and complete the application form which can be found on our website www.glenfieldschool.co.uk or via www.hamwic.org and return to Lois Gennings via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post/hand to the school directly. We reserve the right to appoint a person ahead of the closing date, should a suitable candidate be found before 15th December 2023.
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
THE EDWIN JONES PARTNERSHIP
The Edwin Jones Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.