MID-DAY SUPERVISORY ASSISTANTS
ROLE: Midday Supervisory Assistant
SCHOOL: Glenfield Infant School
HOURS: 6.67 hours per week working from 11.55am to 1.15pm, Monday to Friday, term time only
SALARY: Grade 3 between approx. £2900.00 and £3025.00 (actual), depending on experience
CLOSING DATE: Friday 30th September 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: Week commencing 3rd October 2022
START DATE: Monday 10th October 2022
Key duties will include:
Supervising children while they are eating and ensure the dining areas are left clean and tidy. Encourage sensible and polite behaviour from all children. Ensure children are safe and supervised at lunchtime in all areas of school. Encourage enjoyable, co-operative play between children, promoting caring and sharing in the playground and classrooms. Administer basic first aid.
WE ARE SEEKING A PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO:
- Excellent communication and interaction skills with children and parents
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work flexibly and have an open and flexible attitude.
- Good degree of empathy when dealing with children
- Excellent customer service
- Professionally discrete and able to respect confidentiality at all times
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- In-house Teaching School
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment (where all conditions are met)
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth payroll
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please view the job description and complete the application form which can be found at www.hamwic.org and return to [name], [email address].
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
THE EDWIN JONES PARTNERSHIP
The Edwin Jones Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.